MISSISSAUGA, Ontario–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Schneider-Electricthe global leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, today announced Grid to Prosumer, an end-to-end approach to DER management to maximize the connection and value of renewable energy , energy storage and electric vehicles.
Network modernization is increasingly about managing supply and demand at the edge of the network, spanning both sides of the customer’s meter. It requires new ways to engage, plan and design, optimize and maintain, analyze and automate, all with a phased and coordinated approach. Schneider Electric’s new Grid to Prosumer approach helps manage the DER management lifecycle with simple to complex workflows and use cases that optimize DER based on energy market needs, network constraints and prosumer priorities.
Schneider Electric has also expanded its EcoStruxure Grid portfolio for the networks of the future with strategic partners Auto grid for flexibility services and virtual power plants, and Uplight for prosumer engagement and demand management. With this continued focus on solving the challenges facing the industry, the Grid to Prosumer approach offers an end-to-end solution for DER management that coordinates all business functions with a complete view of managing network data based on value and use cases. leads.
“Schneider Electric recognizes that as the complexity of grid management increases, it becomes more critical to address utility challenges holistically,” said Scott Koehler, Vice President, Global Digital Network Strategy at Schneider Electric. “Supported by a comprehensive portfolio of solutions guiding our vision for the grids of the future, the Grid to Prosumer approach meets the supply and demand needs to serve utilities and prosumers with more flexible and scalable options for a more reliable, efficient, durable and flexible grid.
End-to-end integrated DER management approach
- Modeling – DER types, sizes, locations, and availability are shared so that all necessary business functions, such as customer service, asset management, planning, and operations, have the most up-to-date view. This includes adding and removing DERs, updating availability status, reconfiguring network reconfiguration, and more.
- Situational Awareness – Visibility can now include DER status and calendar of events for demand management activities. For example, when a demand reduction event is planned, details such as the timing, duration and magnitude of the event are integrated into the planning and operating systems.
- Planning – Increases the efficiency of processing new connection requests from clients and allows the assessment of available hosting capacity for all network locations. Evaluate all options for increasing capacity, including wireless alternatives.
- Real-time and anticipated constraint management – Detects stresses in real time, predicts future stresses, and specifies mitigation parameters and grid optimization schedule: DER group for affected area, load/generation increase/decrease and schedule. Flexibility services then allocate assets, either directly or through aggregators, through prioritization and optimization parameters to meet demand.
- Dynamic operating limits – Provides upper and lower limits for the import or export of electricity for each DER or group of DERs. This more dynamic approach built into the flexibility services adjusts the upper and lower limits in short, precise time intervals.
- Flexibility markets – DER optimization requests are incorporated into flexibility markets to facilitate a bidding process with prosumers. The result is a list of resources available to fulfill this request. When the scheduled time arrives, the DERs are dispatched according to the terms of the assigned offer.
EcoStruxure Grid integrated solutions for future grids that directly support the Grid to Prosumer approach include DERMS EcoStruxure™ for network optimization, AutoGrid Flex for flexibility services and Virtual Power Plants, Upward Orchestrated Energy and Online Energy Profiler for prosumer engagement and demand management, and EcoStruxure Microgrid Advisor for microgrid management.
Schneider-Electric EcoStruxure Grid The Future Grid solutions portfolio demonstrates the company’s commitment to a more digital and electric world and, with the Grid to Prosumer approach, supports the growth of distributed energy resources, microgrids, energy communities and other flexible resources through digital planning, design and design. exploited life cycles.
To learn more about Schneider Electric’s vision for the networks of the future, download our electronic guide detailing the Grid to Prosumer end-to-end approach to DER management, or visit https://www.se.com/ww/en/work/campaign/grids-of-the-future/.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider’s goal is to give everyone the means to make the most of our energy and resources, combining progress and sustainability for everyone. We call it Life is on.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for sustainability and efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating cutting-edge process and energy technologies, products, controls, software and cloud-connected services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated business management , for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partner ecosystems who are passionate about sharing Meaningful, inclusive and empowered purpose values.
Learn about the new insights shaping sustainability, electricity 4.0 and next-generation automation at Schneider-Electric Knowledge
Hashtags: #IndustriesOfTheFuture #NextGenAutomation #IndustrialAutomation #UniversalAutomation #EcoStruxure